Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 2: Barack Obama Made Me Sick

Dear Diary-

Today, Barack Obama made me sick. I have been fighting a cold for probably close to a week, and after all the fun of yesterday, I didn't feel so great this morning.


The alarm first went off probably around 6am. At this point, I was coughing and coughing and coughing and it wouldn't stop. I was feeling super. So super, that I decided it was better to just take the day off. So, I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I made a croissant with eggs and bacon and grabbed a little blueberry muffin. Then, I spilled it all on the floor. So, I made it again. I ate it without incident. Then I took another muffin, orange juice, and a coffee up to the room with me.


I went up to the room and fell asleep. I woke up and drove Cara and Sarah to the train. We got a little lost, but we have insurance, so everything was all right. "We have insurance" not only means that we can drive like assholes, but it also means that we can break the law. Because we have insurance, everything is ok all the time. Except me. In our lostness, we drove by a place called pie gourmet. I'd like to go back there.


Anyways, I dropped off the ladies and headed over to CVS to get myself some medicine. I got a DayQuil/ NyQuil combo pack for cold and flu plus Vitamin C. I also purchased 3 packs of Kleenex and some cough drops. I came back to the hotel, took some DayQuil, and slept until 2 o'clock. Isn't it supposed to not make me sleepy? My Mom called at some point, but I do not remember what she said.


I woke up at 2, talked to my Mom and basically laid around. I did some of my traffic school, and ate my blueberry muffin. I sent Sarah and Cara an email with the hotel's phone number because I was getting kind of lonely. They called a little before 6 o'clock and said they were going to come back. I took a shower and then went to go pick them up.


I did not get lost this time and found out that it is extremely easy to get to the Metro station. Cara and Sarah were there. They jumped in the car and told me of their day of going to the Holocaust Museum and the concert at the Lincoln Memorial.


We drove towards the hotel and thought about eating. Cara yelped some restaurants by the hotel and drove around looking at them. We then decided to head back the way we came from and go to either Chili's or the Cheesecake Factory. These options then expanded into Chili's, Cheesecake Factory, or Champps. We chose Cheesecake Factory because they offered so many options. We were, in fact, in suburban heaven. So many options and such large portions.


I began to feel quite nauseous. I ate some bread and drank some Sprite. I ordered a bbq chicken pizza. Cara ordered fish and chips and a Long Island ice tea, and Sarah ordered chicken tacos and a Georgia peach drink. We discussed various topics over dinner. At one point, Cara said, "I know I'm not a good person, so that's why I don't take pity on myself when bad things happen to me." This is when I decided to write a journal about today, because that quote needed to be recorded.


Our food came. I ate. I no longer felt nauseous, so we ordered dessert- chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake a la mode with a side of hot fudge. When it came, I ate the cookie dough part, Cara the cheesecake part, and Sarah the ice cream. It worked out perfectly, just like our sleeping situation. We paid the bill and headed back to the hotel.


I drove around the perimeter of the mall where Cheesecake Factory was, and I finally found a sign to get on the highway we needed. I went to go straight when I should have turned left so I was diagonal in two lanes waiting at a stop light (but we had insurance so this was ok). There were no cars when I did it, but then the light was literally five minutes long. Cars pulled up on all sides. All sides had red lights. All of a sudden, I see the red van behind me pull to my side and wave me along. Together, we both went through the red light.


We made our way home without incident. And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment