Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 6: The Long Journey Home

Dear Diary-

I woke up at 7:11am in order to pack. The last thing I remember before officially passing out the night before was Sarah telling me she wasn't going to wait for me to leave. I started to pack my stuff. I managed to get rid of one coat, but I added another bag. It was a plastic bag, so it didn't really count. Sarah and Cara brought me up what could only be described as a breakfast buffet. I ate cereal and a breakfast sandwich. I did some of my driving school (which my wonderful mother finished for me...I love her).


At noon, we left to drive to the Baltimore airport. We made it there pretty quickly. I probably fell asleep on the way. When we got there we needed to stop at a gas station to fill up before we returned the car. We turned down a road filled with lots of curvy turns and hills, but no gas station. After driving down it about 15 minutes, we turned around and found a gas station somewhere else. The gas cost $1.69/ gallon. We filled up and returned the car.


I began my second "Million Bag March." We took a shuttle to the airport and I went through security. Our gate seemed to be in another state, but we eventually made it there with all of our bags. Cara and I went to get some food. I got a root beer made by some Green Turtle place and it was delicious. I didn't tell Sarah because she might have wanted one and I didn't get her one because she didn't ask for it (if you are reading this...sorry Sarah). I got some pretzel sticks and got Sarah a Diet Coke with ice, and we headed the mile back to our gate.


We got on the little propeller plane that could, same row. I had the same seat and Sarah got the winning lotto seat this time. We flew to LaGuardia without incident, and then the fun began.


Our flight to Chicago was a United flight, so we had to change terminals. We were advised that there was a bus that would take us to the next terminal, so we went outside to look for it. When we got outside, the Dollar Rent-A-Car man asked me where we were going and I told him the next terminal. He then told us we would wait forever for the next bus and that he would drive us, which was weird but we just wanted to get over there. He helped Cara with her bag and we all jumped in his Dollar Rent-A-Car van. He drove us to the next terminal, and we tipped him some money.


When we go into the terminal and up to security and they told Cara that her carry-on is too big and that I have too many bags and that we're both going to have to check our bags. So, we go back over to the counter where you check in bags and I check mine. And those assholes at United charge you for every bag you check. It was $15 fucking dollars for me to check my book bag! But I had like 4 bags so there was nothing else I could do. Again...I'd like to reiterate...UNITED AIRLINES SUCKS. Anyways, Cara made her bag smaller so that she would not have to check it. Then the asshole woman said I still had too many bags, so I had to consolidate. I did this by opening one bag, which was full, and just putting everything on top and carrying it around like that, which looked ridiculous. One more time....UNITED AIRLINES= FUCKING ASSHOLES. Ok...I might have it all out now.


So, I proceeded through security looking like a retarded asshole. Then, since none of my bags could close anymore (but there were only 2 now), all of my stuff spilled all over the security conveyor belt and onto the floor. The TSA people were pretty nice about it, unlike those UNITED ASSHOLES (ok...that was the last time).


So, we head over to our gate and I unconsolidated back into three bags. By this time, I thought I deserved cookies. So, I went and bought myself two cookies and a Diet Pepsi. Soon after it was time to board. The flight was full and we were not sitting together. I was sitting in between an Asian woman and a business man, who were already seated when I got there. So, me, my big bag that did not close, my little plastic bag, and my purse squeezed our way into the middle seat. I believe the Asian woman laughed at me.


So, the flight home wasn't too bad. I slept or closed my eyes the whole way. When we got off, I started to look for my cell phone, but we were too late and all the lost and founds were closed. Krisno picked us up and we headed home without incident.



The end.

1 comment:

  1. caitlin... never again hide a root beer from me. you get one free pass. and that was it. do i make myself clear?

    root beer always trumps diet coke. thats the new rule!

    ReplyDelete